The CHI.L.D. Association is here to help you navigate the move to the NDIS over the coming years. If you have any questions please contact us on (07) 3394 1171. We are here to help.
In the first year of transition, between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2017, the following areas will progressively gain access to the NDIS:
- Townsville, Hinchinbrook, Burdekin, west to Mount Isa, and up to the gulf
- Mackay, Isaac and Whitsundays
- Toowoomba and west to the borders
Approximately 15,000 Queenslanders with disability are expected to join the NDIS in its first year.
Search by suburb or postcode to find out when your area will transition.
Information and resources are available to assist Queenslanders in upcoming transition locations and across the state to get ready for the NDIS. Whether you are a participant, family member, community member, service provider or local business, there is information for you to assist you in your transition: Queensland Government transition information
- Information for people with disability, families and carers
- Information about jobs and careers
- Information for rural and remote communities
- Frequently asked questions
- Factsheets and other resources
To access planning resources, fact sheets, publications, information on reasonable and necessary supports, support clusters and pricing please visit the NDIS website.
We also suggest you review the NDIS information and resources provided at the Raising Children website.