CHI.L.D. Association – Let’s Talk Parent and Professional Development Program
Let’s Talk will once again offer a wide range of Professional Development topics for teachers, teacher assistants and parents during 2014.
Topics that have been very popular during the past year include –
- Building Blocks of Learning – developmental skills unpinning school base learning and the importance of language
- Language Disorder – what is it?, how does it present?, implications for learning?, Classroom strategies?
- Handwriting – the complexity of this skill, underlying factors, facilitating handwriting development
- Sensory Issues – what is it?, how does it impact learning?, sensory smart classrooms
- Classroom Modifications – for the student with special needs, practical classroom strategies
- Facilitating early Literacy Skills
- Facilitating Early Numeracy Skills
All participants of these sessions have been highly engaged and have commented on the value of the sessions for their professional learning.
PD can be tailored to meet the needs of both parents and professionals and can be conducted at schools or at the Let’s Talk premises in Woolloongabba. Speakers and topics are available from a range of professional fields including – Occupational Therapy, Speech pathology, Physiotherapy, Educator and Psychologist.
Let’s Talk are also planning to conduct regular “Let’s Talk Monday” early evening sessions for those interested in accessing a broader range of topics than what may be offered through their schools. More information coming soon!
If you are interested in more information or in booking some PD for yourself or your school please contact Pam on firstname.lastname@example.org
For a limited time Let’s Talk are also offering a number of free preliminary PD sessions around language disorders for Brisbane Metro schools. Please let us know if you are interested in taking up this offer.